I get "The server principal "username" is not able to access the database "databasename" under the current security context. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 916) " after I tried to login via MS SQL Management Studio?
To fix this SQL Server Management Studio 2008 bug please do the following:
- Open SQL Server Management Studio 2008
- Connect to the database server as normal
- Press F7 to open the "Object Explorer Details" window or click "View" >> "Object Explorer Details"
- In the object explorer details window expand by double click on "Databases"
- Right click on the header bar ("Name", "Policy health state", "Recovery Model", etc) and deselect "Collation" from the menu that will pop up
- From the object explorer, refresh the "Databases"
Was this answer helpful?
Yes, we support the MSSQL Express Hosted Edition. If you create .mdf file on your local machine,...
Open your SQL Management Studio Express 2005 on your local machine.Step 1) Type the ServerName:...
From the Start Menu, select Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server -> Import and...
Please follow the steps listed below in order to access or connect your SQL 2008 database using...