I get "The server principal "username" is not able to access the database "databasename" under the current security context. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 916) " after I tried to login via MS SQL Management Studio?
To fix this SQL Server Management Studio 2008 bug please do the following:
- Open SQL Server Management Studio 2008
- Connect to the database server as normal
- Press F7 to open the "Object Explorer Details" window or click "View" >> "Object Explorer Details"
- In the object explorer details window expand by double click on "Databases"
- Right click on the header bar ("Name", "Policy health state", "Recovery Model", etc) and deselect "Collation" from the menu that will pop up
- From the object explorer, refresh the "Databases"
Was this answer helpful?
Can I have more logins for my MS SQL database?
No, we only provide a single database user login.
Do you support MSDE 2000?
No, we do not support MSDE 2000. The Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE 2000) is a...
How do I get a copy of MS SQL Enterprise Manager and Query Analyser?
Microsoft does not distribute MS SQL client tools individually, they are bundled with MS SQL...
How to use SQL Management Studio Express 2005?
Open your SQL Management Studio Express 2005 on your local machine.Step 1) Type the ServerName:...
How to restore my mssql database?
Old control panel - Upload the backup file in .zip extension onto your root...