How to setup email with Outlook 2007?
Configuring your email client: Outlook 2007
- Open Outlook 2007.
- Click the Tools menu, and select Account Settings.
- Click on the Email tab and click on the New... button.
- Next select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP and click Next.
- On the Auto Account Setup window check the Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
(mt) Media Temple does not support this feature on our mail servers, so you should not use the Auto Account Setup feature.
- Select Internet E-mail option and click Next.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Enter Your Name as you want it to appear.
- Enter your full email address email@example.com in the Email address: field.
- Select POP3 or IMAP.
- Enter mail.mt-example.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server: field.
- Enter mail.mt-example.com in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: field.
- Enter your username firstname.lastname@example.org in the Account name: field.
- Enter your email password in the Password: field.
- Perform the following steps:
- Click on More Settings...
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check My outgoing server (SMTP) Requires Authentication
- Make sure Use same setting as my incoming mail server is also checked.
- Click on OK.
- Click the Test Account Settings button and you should see all items with green check marks... Click theClose Button to close the test window.
Click OK to save your settings.
- Congratulations. You have finished the setup of your email account. Click Finish to close the setup wizard.
NOTE: (gs) Grid-Service accounts only: If you are still having issues sending email you can try the following:
- Click the Tools menu, and select E-mail Accounts.
- Highlight the email account and click Change.
- Click the Advanced tab, and change the smtp port to the alternate port of 587 then click on OK.
Was this answer helpful?
1.) Go to Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars2.) To add a new Email...
SPF provides a way for a domain to tell the world that mail "from" that domain should...
Follow the steps below to set up Outlook 2002 to retrieve email from our mail server. From...
You have to enabled SMTP Authentication **Important - Always use this format email@example.com...